Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.

Hi everyone

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi everyone

Post by MMIII on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:55 pm

watching with interest
MMIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Still getting stuffed around.
Because the knucklehead didn't bother to forward his mail to the States and just sat on it, now the Courts have given him an extension but because of Christmas the next hearing date I can get is in Feb 2015.
By the time this gets sorted I would have owned the car for a year as I bought it in April.
Just goes to show you what crap service you get from an Aussie company.
I should have taken the chance with an unknown USA company.

snowcone

View user profile http://www.silveradoh.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Giobus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:30 pm

>> What a bullshit system we have hear!!

And how our courts are so 'clagged up', sorry to here this is happening to you Snowcone Sad

Jets Classic & Custom Car Club Inc
www.jetscarclub.com

Giobus
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveG on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Yeah Best of luck mate Snowcone, I hope it all goes well.

I'm sorry i suggested USAtoAUS i was going by reports on the US Muscle Forum which were all very good.
DaveG
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.jetscarclub.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by stubbie on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Still waiting for my parts to arrive with USAtoAust to Fremantle. Now 2 weeks over the date they were supposed to have arrived. They got the parts delivered to their store around the 9th Sept. So I don't think I'll have my car on the road anytime before Xmas as planned. The upside the wood steering wheel I thought had been lost in the post this last 6 weeks just arrived this morning. On the down side anyone want to buy a Grants Classic 201 Wood Steering Wheel I bought last Friday as the replacement. (Gosh)
Good luck snowcone hope you get some compensation. Hopefully in February!
Cheers
Phil

stubbie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Next hearing date is set down for 30th January.
Watch this space

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:25 pm

OK, I just completed the hearing with the Queensland Civil & Administrative Tribunal, QCAT, and I was awarded all costs and claims for the damage to my car and including the bogus cleaning and insurance costs imposed by USAtoAUS also trading as Aussie Car Imports.
Total is $2,019.00.
Let these bastards tell everyone on the Muscle Car sites what a great job they do importing cars when really they are conmen and rip-off merchants.

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by rhinosoft on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Great news, now you have to get the $$ out of the buggers!!

Graeme

rhinosoft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwibird on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:27 pm

snowcone wrote:OK, I just completed the hearing with the Queensland Civil & Administrative Tribunal, QCAT, and I was awarded all costs and claims for the damage to my car and including the bogus cleaning and insurance costs imposed by USAtoAUS also trading as Aussie Car Imports.
Total is $2,019.00.
Let these bastards tell everyone on the Muscle Car sites what a great job they do importing cars when really they are conmen and rip-off merchants.

Good shit!

Justice prevails. Very Happy
Kiwibird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:57 am

The problem is that the Tribunal can award costs but can't enforce them.
I now have to apply through the QLD Magistrates Court to enforce the order which I am now doing.

On a brighter side, I took the T Bird out to its first show and shine on the weekend at Hawksnest Motorfest and she won "best sole display".
A real surprise for me as I don't consider her "show quality" but just a good looking car.

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by BulletBird on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey snowcone, it's great that you got your car on the road, because when you're driving your Tbird all of your problems just disappear.
BulletBird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:56 am

Things move slowly in the QLD judicial system as I continue my action against USAtoAUS.
I have now registered the QCAT result with the Brisbane Magistrates Court.
I have also sent a Statement of Financial Position to USAtoAUS's registered business address. This was delivered by Australia Post but no one was there to accept it so it sat in a post office for another week.
The judicial system states that correspondence must be sent to their debtor's registered business address, but i suspect that the address on the ASIC website is not where they trade and is probably the owner's mothers or aunty's address as they do not acknowledge receiving anything.
In any case, they now have 14 days to return the completed paperwork to me.
I have been informed that the Debtor's rarely return the forms and once the 14 days is up I can then apply to the Brisbane Magistrates Court for an Enforcement Hearing.

The Court will nominate a Hearing date and I will probably be required to attend.
At this stage I will be flying there so my expenses will increase by another $1,000 which I can add to my claim.

I have informed USAtoAUS of these addiitonal costs and that the remaining steps after the Enforcement Hearing and if he doesn't attend an arrest warrant can be issued for him.

I think because he is in the USA he is is exempt from any Australian laws but his company is a registered Australian business with an ABN and he has a head office in Brisbane. If a representative of his company doesn't attend the Court and the arrest warrant is issued then his Passport will be flagged when he tries to come back into Australia.

I have no intention of giving up on this grub and will drag him through the system for my paltry $2,100 all because I don't like being ripped off by anyone.

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveG on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 am

Damn this is everybody's nightmare,
You put your faith in a shipping company to deliver your pride and joy to Aus in the same condition that it left the US and end up like this,

I don't blame you one bit for pursuing this right to the end and I admire your persistence and determination in dealing with the whole frustrating mess.

Hang in their I'm sure there are many others who want you to succeed as well .
DaveG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:53 am

Finally this matter has been resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Phil Newel became aware of the situation through the various forums I had posted and took over control of the matter.

It would appear that the USA side of things was not informing the AUS side about what was happening.

Phil contacted me and made me an offer that I agreed to accept and I thank him for his speedy response and positive attitude in getting it settled.

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveG on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:13 pm

So this Phil Newel guy, where does he fit into it all. Is he part of the Freight Co.
DaveG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Phil Newell is the QLD manager, but he is not listed on the ABN as an owner.
I believe he owns the property in Brisbane that they operate out of and he also owns the property in the USA. His wife is a US citizen and also works in the Brisbane office.
it's finely intertwined but at the end of the day, Phil is in Aus and that's where the business originates from and the forum comments are possibly taking their toll, so he has got involved and sorted it out.

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by abaucom on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Happy this has now been resolved to your satisfaction and you can move on. It is unfortunate that some companies still don't understand the power of the internet and the concept of customer service. Because of world-wide forums I would think for years to come anyone doing a web search on USAtoAUS will discover links to these forums and the company is going to lose more business then if they had done the right thing to begin with and attempted to settle quickly and fairly.

Over decades I have had the unfortunate experience dealing with a few companies like this but always prevailed with fair settlements, only after months of my time and effort get issues resolved. Your time and effort reporting problems with USAtoAUS should be commended as you have possibly helped future consumers avoid issues with this company.

abaucom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jptbird on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Very well done snowcone...and well said abaucom.

jptbird
jptbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abaucom on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:50 am

Update:  Since I bought my 1966 on the web last Nov. I have learned much from some wonderful people on  T-Bird forums.  I have meet some wonderful people that have helped to sort out issues that two different restoration garages screwed up at my expense.
Finally, after months and crazy expenses, I am driving my yellow covn.  and went to a few car shows during the last few weeks.  People say it is "beautiful".  But I am anal and it still needs some tweaks (next year).

Bottom line I am thrilled to finally be driving my yellow 1966 conv.

abaucom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snowcone on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 am

Well done Al

snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content