Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.
Thunderbird Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Kev

+8
BulletBird
spits65bird
DaveG
Giobus
jptbird
Wigg
MMIII
TBirdKev
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi from Kev - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi from Kev

Post by TBirdKev Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Gary
I used USAtoAUS to do everything. I made the arrangements with them before I travelled to the US so that I would go and look at several cars if I decided to purchase one, I had a contact number and they are doing everything else, I know of 2 other guys who've used them and both deals went without a glitch, they are not cheap but they do it all, The other thing is these guys quote and stick with it, I've heard stories of guys going to pickup thier car from the shipping agent and having to find extra money, one case was an extra $1200. on top of the quoted price.
When I found my car I sorted payment with the owner called up the contact and the next day the car was picked up. They store the car in thier shipping warehouse at no charge until all the paperwork is sorted and while it waits to go on a ship. here are the costs, as i said there are cheaper companys but i figure i paid $9500 for the car and less than $6500 shipping so for $16,000 it's all done
                     ------------------------------------------------------------------
These prices are Aus $

Secure Handover: A$234
Transport to terminal:   A$340
Preparation/Quarantine:  A$224
Packing/Customs/Shipping: A$2,247
Unpacking: A$464
Broker: A$409
GST: A$1,300

Sub Total:   A$5218.00

Local Port Costs
Melbourne Fees: A$819

Additional Services
Inspection: A$640
Marine Insurance: A$266

TBirdKev

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto11 Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Kev,
Thanks for that and I have been looking at there web site and working out which is the best way to go.
Being in Brisbane will make it a bit cheaper as they are in SE QLD.

Cheers
Gary

Dutto11

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kev - Page 2 Empty Re : Hi From Kev

Post by Oceanside TB Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Great choice of car Kev, welcome aboard. Now the fun starts.
Oceanside TB
Oceanside TB

http://www.tbirds.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by lowxr Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:37 pm

hey kev. beautiful looking bird! she looks super clean!!!!

lowxr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum