Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.
Thunderbird Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member, 64 Conv in Amsterdam!

3 posters

Go down

New member, 64 Conv in Amsterdam! Empty New member, 64 Conv in Amsterdam!

Post by Iamsterdam Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:47 am

Hi Guys (and girls?!),

New member and the proud owner of a lovely 64 convertible!

Purchased from a guy that imported it from the States last December, and really goodlooking with Blue paint and Blue interior!

Car came with a new Aro2000 White top which will be installed later this year.

Have already purchased the shop manual, eletrical manual and the FE max performance book by SA Design, so lots of reading to do!

Will do most of the work / maintenance myself and will post pics when doing so, hopefully be an active forum member!

To do list for now:
- Engine overhaul, maybe Holley carb with Edelbrock performer RPM
- Airride kit (installed in stages)
- New top installation
- Sequencial taillights
- Wiring checks / upgrade dash / engine bay
- New boot lining

Cheers, Willem Holman
Iamsterdam
Iamsterdam

Back to top Go down

New member, 64 Conv in Amsterdam! Empty Re: New member, 64 Conv in Amsterdam!

Post by jptbird Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 am

Welcome on board Willem.
Glad you found us and we look forward to seeing and hearing about your beautiful new 'Flair Bird'.
Please post some photos so we can also enjoy it with you.
JP
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveG Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:54 am

Hi William
Welcome to our Forum, I think our first member from the Netherlands,
we are only a small group but you'll find that everyone is very friendly and helpful.
I love your car, I often wish I had bought a convertible.

Like all of us I see you have your to do list very important to stay on track and not loose sight of the next project.

Airbags are becoming very popular here in Aus and hopefully as they sell more the price will drop. We pay on average $6000 for a good quality Airride system.

I also see you mention Sequential Tailights. I bought an Electronic System made for the 64 Thunderbird from West Coast Classic Cougar I think around $130 US here's a link http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/

Again William welcome aboard and keep us posted as you undertake the projects on your car.

Cheers Dave

DaveG
DaveG
Admin
Admin

http://www.jetscarclub.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamsterdam Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 am

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Currently offshore in the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of weeks more, but cant wait to start working on the car again!

Certainly going to look for the tire / wheel combo that you have on your car Dave, thanks for the info on that!

Bought the SA Design book on tuning Holley carbs yesterday, so lots of reading to do......

I bought the original sequential kit on Ebay of a 65 T-bird, but havent done anything with it yet. Hope it works, might be better to buy one of the newer ones. But if it works than at least its original! (Althought they didnt come with the option until 65 i believe).

Something else on the list is disc brakes front, will try to get the drums setup properly and see what the stopping power is, but think the front disc are a safer bet.....

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Willem
Iamsterdam
Iamsterdam

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveG Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Willem
Like you said the first year for Sequentials was 1965 and it was also the first year for disc brakes,

If you decide to go Disc Brakes and plan to use original 65 disc brake setup you will have to be very careful with the wheels you select, The 65 callipers are so big that the really restrict the type of wheels you can use, for instance the wheels I have on mine wont fit the front of a 65, Lots of guys go up to 17" to 20" rims to overcome the problem.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin
Admin

http://www.jetscarclub.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down