Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thunderbird Owners Forum
Hi Welcome to Thunderbird Owners Forum
A discussion Forum for all Thunderbird owners and Admirers,

You will be able to look thru most of the Forum Topics without Registering,
Registering will allow you to see all Topics on this Forum plus you will be able to comment and post pictures.

The forum has a major advantage over Facebook as here the Technical info, Projects, Buils Videos etc, and all other categories remain available to access as long as the forum operates.

Please sign up there is no cost and all your details are kept private. Just fill in some info and your a member.
Thunderbird Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)

2 posters

Go down

Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)  Empty Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)

Post by rhinosoft Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:12 pm

*** Anything not sold now on Ebay (23rd Feb 2014) ***

Everything sold now except the pushrods - if ever anyone requires them please contact me.

Hi all.

I have a stash of engine and associated parts that I figure I will never use so have decided to offer everything here for a fair price (I hope!) or throw them on eBay if no interest here. I can photograph or get any details you might require first to decide if the item(s) is/are what you want or desire. If in Melbourne you can pay me a visit or I can meet you at Flemington or other car shows I might attend over the rest of the summer period.

I have my price in mind and I have added it against the item; if you like the sound of anything after getting all info from me I will put it on eBay and you can bid for it. The price will be a 'Buy it Now' so you get first dibs. I only suggest eBay for interstate buyers to use Paypal, cash in person is fine too as mentioned above in which case I won't use eBay.

Make me an offer using a PM (private message) here if you like and I will put on eBay for you at your offer price (no silly prices) and see what the market is willing to pay.

Does all this sound fair, please let me know here on the forum? And in case someone wants to do a trade, not really interested in anything, no I don't really need anything thanks!  silent 

Ok, here are the parts I have:

- .30th over 390 piston Rings full set, Sealed Power Cast iron. New but were installed then replaced with moly rings.
$40
- 63' Thunderbird exhaust manifolds, surfaced and ready to go after cleaning off the grease they were packed in. Genuine 63' in great condition with new donut seals and gaskets if you want them
$130
- Chrome FE pentroof valve covers. Chrome still looks great for a driver but is not perfect. Rails straight but some areas a bit rusty - seals up ok with a bit of silastic. Will include PCV valve and breather, no gaskets
$50
- 15" chrome air cleaner and element, used and still perfect. Have a Ford holddown nut somewhere
$10  *** SOLD ***
- Edelbrock springs, retainers, keepers off a set of Edelbrock FE Heads. New, never used.
#5792 Edelbrock #60069
$50  *** SOLD ***
- Oil valley splash tray and fingers for heads. Perfectly usable with a little surface rust
$30
- Ford factory Adjustable valvetrain, complete with pushrods (used). Has all jam nut adjusters replaced with Crane locknut adjusters (can't get them now) and newer chrome steel shafts. No wear on the tips etc, install and go.
$300 (not sure on this price but lets see!) *** SOLD ***
- K&N Filter # E-3740, brand new, but taken out of plastic for fitting - does not fit standard Holley carbs.  Evil or Very Mad  I checked too late and could not return. This is a genuine K&N, not cheap crap. Check ebay for part number and vehicles it will fit.
$40
- extra set of new pushrods (Sealed Power) to suit valvetrain above, ball and cup.
$60
- 2 used camshafts. 1st camshaft is a stock cam, came out of a nice running 390 engine to be replaced with lumpy cam. 2nd camshaft is a Comp Cams 260H that is used but is still like new, probably done 1000 miles max and was run in properly and engine ran fine until removed.
$30 for standard cam, $50 for 260H cam or $70 for both.

Thanks everyone for looking, I hope something here may be needed. I have other parts that I've probably forgotten about so send me a PM if you need something and I will let you know.

Graeme - Ringwood East

Here is an image of the valve covers and air cleaner (sorry a bit dark that photo!):
Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)  IMG_0011

Last edited by rhinosoft on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total

rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)  Empty Re: Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)

Post by Giobus Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi Graeme,

>> Prices look very fare Very Happy 

A great deal if you are chasing these parts

Have sent PM
Giobus
Giobus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)  Empty Re: Treasure Trove of FE Parts (Mine Melbourne VIC)

Post by rhinosoft Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi Guys,

putting the rest of the parts on eBay in the next day or so, please check there and search for FE Ford or 390 Engine parts.

Graeme

rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down